Sometimes You Just Need to Say Hello
Sometimes life gets busy and people slowly disappear from our everyday lives.
Not because anything happened. Not because we stopped caring. We just got caught up in work, family, responsibilities, and our own little routines.
Then one day you realize, “Wow, I haven't spoken to those people in months.”
And now comes the awkward part.
Do I text them? Is it too late? What do I even say after all this time?
Honestly, I think we make that part harder than it needs to be.
People drift. It happens.
But if there is someone you genuinely miss, maybe you don't need a perfect explanation. Maybe you just need to say hello.
And if the people you used to spend time with no longer feel like your people, that's okay too. Life changes. You are allowed to find new people, new spaces, and new communities.
Just don't rush it.
Sometimes getting out of our own heads and spending time with other people reminds us that life is bigger than whatever we've been carrying around by ourselves.
We need our alone time. But we need people too.
So maybe send the text.
Walk into the room.
Say hello.
You might be surprised how good it feels to reconnect.
Comments
Post a Comment